Info About The Hope Of Israel Baptist Mission, Inc.
The main registered trademark and logo for HIBM is based on the Bible verse in Zechariah 2:8 “… for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye”. Therefore our logo is very unique in that the Star of David with the blue and white colors (symbolic of biblical Israel) are painted on a real apple (figurative of the central and most sharpest focal point of God’s eye) referred to as the “fovea centralis”, it is the center of the eye’s sharpest vision and the location of most color perception in the retina.
Though this verse is a warning against those who would harm Israel, it also demonstrates how near Israel is to the heart of God and how sensitive the Lord is regarding the Jewish people as a Nation.
In further study of the root meaning of the word “toucheth” in the Tanach (Old-Testament) we find this word is used mostly in a negative sense or regarding prohibitive commands of God. In the New-Testament we find the word “touch” mostly in a positive way like a healing touch. We therefore have a two fold ministry to Israel:
1. To protect her well-being in the face of her enemies and educate the world to the special covenant relationship Israel has with God;
2. To awaken the Jewish people to the redeeming power of God’s forgiveness through the shed blood of her Messiah – Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua ha’ Mashiach) to touch them with the gentleness, grace, and mercy of God’s salvation.
IN 1980 the Lord led Dr. K. Daniel Fried with his dear wife Rebecca, to begin a ministry in Hawaii to reaching the Jewish people with the good news of their Messiah. The ministry was called the Hope of Israel. Over 2,000 Jewish people were reached and over 100 made professions of faith. In 1982 when Brother Fried finished his military service, the ministry relocated to California and reaching over 500,000 of God’s Chosen People. Many came to know the Lord. Because of the great need of sowing the gospel among the Jewish people in the Southern States, Hope of Israel ministry relocated near Atlanta, Georgia in 1996. In 1997, under the leadership of Dr. Fried, Hope of Israel became a full-time mission and was called Hope of Israel Baptist Mission. HIBM has become known as the “Marines of Jewish Evangelism” because of its zeal and non-passive approach. With God’s help, HIBM seeks to set an example for old-fashioned soul-winning with evangelistic fervor. It has also become a leader in publishing Bibles and Gospel literature based on the preserved word of God, while being a strong advocate for the old-time way. Greatly anointed by God, Brother Fried’s fiery and expository preaching has challenged thousands and has helped bring a revival spirit into hundreds of churches across America.
With HIBM’s help, many churches have been educated and better equipped to reach the Jewish people with the gospel. Brother Fried has been greatly used of God to bring this burden of Jewish Evangelism and love for Israel to the awareness of tens of thousands. Over the years a number of ambassadors have been greatly helped by Dr. Fried’s tutelage and mentoring. As a result, there have been some 600 volunteers who dedicated themselves in assisting HIBM reach her goals, and 36 ambassadors who are sent out of their local churches who associate with the mission. This combined effort has produced the distribution of over 80 million pieces of literature, and 250,000 Bibles around the world. To God be the glory, countless number of God’s Chosen People have come to know the Lord Jesus as their personal Saviour. Brother Fried with his dedicated family and faithful HIBM Staff, Representatives, Ambassadors, Bible Couriers, and Volunteers continue to tirelessly evangelize the Jewish people with the gospel.
To win Jewish souls for Christ while never neglecting the opportunity to reach out to Gentiles. It is evident from God’s word that local churches have the responsibility to evangelize the chosen people of Israel. It is every Christian’s duty as a debtor to the Jewish people to “provoke them to jealousy” (Romans 11:11), and to “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem” (Psalms 122:6).
As we approach the coming of our Lord, it is essential that we sow the gospel seed now, that God might save many Jews before “Jacob’s Trouble“. This sowing will produce fruit even after the Rapture, when at the end of the Tribulation period “all Israel shall be saved” ( Rom 11:26 )
Of evangelizing the Chosen People, is threefold:
1) Our burden and activities to reach the Jewish people should never conflict with our steadfastness in contending “for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints” (Jude 3).
2) Establishing solid local churches in Jewish populated areas; Godly means to be used such as door to door Visitation; Visits to the synagogue; Free distribution of literature through mailing lists; Free Bibles offered to individual Jewish contacts; Radio broadcasting; news paper ads, and Special evangelistic meetings. All methods must have a supreme goal and motivation of seeking a one on one witness with a Jewish person. 3) It is our firm conviction that all ministries, including the Hope of Israel Baptist Mission, be an extension of the local church responsibility of reaching the world with the gospel.
Thus, our great Vision is to see the gospel sown among all the children of Israel with whom we come into contact. “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible” (Matt 19:26).
Much time, tears, and labor are devoted to this ministry. However, the field is white unto harvest, but the laborers are few.
Another aspect to our vision is that workers might come to help with this ministry. You might say there are no Jews around where you live, so how can I evangelize the Jewish people, the Apple of God’s eye”? You may start in several ways:
1) Begin daily to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, asking God to give you a great burden and love for His Chosen people Israel. In such a prayer of supplication, cry out to the Lord for an opportunity to meet a Jewish person. We have seen in the past where God will bring them from another area (perhaps on a bus or train or maybe because of a business trip), and draw such a one to a God fearing saint, who loves the Jewish people.
2) As God leads you, support and earnestly pray for The Hope of Israel Baptist Mission. Intreat your pastor to consider having us present our ministry and burden at your church. We desire like-minded churches to help this ministry.
3) If God is moving your heart personally to reach the Jewish people as a ministry, then please contact us. If there are Jewish people in your area, we will assist you and your local church to begin your own concentrated effort in evangelization of the children of Israel with our very effective minuteman mailing programs.
Perhaps you are being called by the Lord into full-time missionary work amongest the Jewish people. Let us know !
The Hope of Israel Baptist Mission is different than most “Missions” in that it seeks to assist other like-minded churches to establish their own local ministry without organizational strings attached. This is in obedience to the scriptural teaching of autonomy of the Local church, and His will for such churches to have a balance in world evangelism.
Realizing that many churches are ignorant, unprepared, or are lacking significant population of Jewish people in their area to attempt a specific ministry to the Jewish people, The Hope of Israel Baptist Mission is a godly alternative, fulfilling God’s program in sowing the seed among the Hebrews:
1. Radio International Outreach
2. Nursing Home Outreach
3. Minuteman Program & Tract Publishing
4. Quarterly Newsletter to Jewish Homes
5. Conducting Evangelistic Meetings
6. Bible Conferences to enlighten churches
7. Weekly Bible Studies designed for Jewish people
8. Encourage others to become ambassadors
9. Bible & Tract Publishing / Distribution
10. Church Planting in Jewish populations
11. Evangelism at synagogues
12. College campus evangelism
“ Now that I am grown, I love my heavenly Father so,
That, like a little child again,
I humbly seek to know,
The things which are most dear to Him,
So I may love them too,
And thus draw closer to His heart,
And so I love the Jewish people! ”
The Lord has blessed Hope of Israel Baptist Mission with the following:
Over 81 million tracts published
Over 150,000 Bibles being published
Thousands of Jewish People have received their true Messiah
Equipping , strengthening, establishing sound local churches
Bible & tract publishing and printing ministry
Radio Broadcasts — HIBB